Your Cookies, Data & Privacy Policies
All Enquiries about where we hold your data should be sent directly to:
Please allow up to 7 days to respond to any data requests. Should you wish to raise a subject access request then please
follow the same procedure and we will respond as soon as possible. All data requests will be completed within 40 days as per
the Information Commissioners Office guidelines.
The Norwood GDPR Privacy Notice
The Norwood takes its obligations concerning data protection seriously. We are providing this notice, so you have information about how we collect and process your personal data on our website. We ask you to please read this Privacy Notice as it has important information you need to know.
What does our company do?
The Norwood provide a service to provide customers with technology that will take their business to the next level. We also provide business support services in conjunction with approved business partners. We carry out our services predominantly at 35 Hull Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 4QB
What information do we collect and process?
In order for us to help with your business needs we may collect from you, necessary personal data. The lawful basis for collecting this data is legitimate consent at the point of enquiry/quote, contract whilst it is required to carry out our service. “Personal Data” is information about you which, either on its own or when connected with other data, allows us to identify you as an individual customer to provide you with our services.
The personal data we hold may include the following:
• Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
• Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
• Any other information that you choose to send to us
Personal data will be collected from you or passed to us by a referral business. However, some personal data may, where lawful to do so, or with your consent, be collected by us from third parties. Please note that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data, but not providing certain data could prevent us from serving you.
Why do we need your personal data?
• Administer the website
• Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
• Enable your use of the services available on the website
• Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
• Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
• Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com).
• Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
• Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
This list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time. We do not ‘trade’ in your personal data and will not sell or rent your details.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
The Norwood may share information with third party suppliers as required for external services, designs and materials, however this will only be for the contract we are carrying out at that time.
We will share your personal information with our approved business partners for services provided on our website.
We may disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law.
In the event that we sell our business, we may share your details with the buyer to enable them to fulfil the service we have agreed with you.
Your personal information will not be transferred to, stored or otherwise processed outside the UK.
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
• In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Security of your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Your Rights You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to remove the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Do we get involved in direct marketing?
The Norwood may have a newsletter and/or blog that is sent out to clients on a regular basis. This is only sent to clients who have given explicit consent to do so. We may also ask for optional customer service feedback. Although, we hope that the quality of our service and people will be enough for you to recommend us to others and view our website.
What rights do you have to amend personal data?
You have the right to review the personal data held by us and have inaccurate information about you corrected. To understand more about our data processing activities or to request access to your personal information please contact us 01253 621118 or email
How long do we keep your personal data?
The Norwood may keep your details on record for as long as it is necessary to meet record keeping requirements. We hold booking, invoice and email details for seven years. They are then deleted in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Norwood may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law.